WELCOME to Idaho Lewis’s Muzzleloading Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramrod for field use?

4 posters

Go down

Ramrod for field use? Empty Ramrod for field use?

Post by CaptainNarwhals 18/12/21, 11:16 am

I'm looking to replace my wooden ramrod with something a little sturdier (and threaded at the ends) for field use. I was looking at Track of the Wolf's delrin ramrods but heard mixed reviews. I figured I would ask what y'all would use if worst comes to worst and I have to pull a stuck ball in the middle of the woods.
CaptainNarwhals
CaptainNarwhals

Idaholewis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ramrod for field use? Empty Re: Ramrod for field use?

Post by Idaholewis 18/12/21, 11:43 am

I use Treso/Ampco Delrin Rods in all of my Rifles, they are EXTREMELY Durable  Ramrod for field use? 3355125947

I get them from Buffalo Arms Co. Here is a link to the ones i have in my Rifles
https://www.buffaloarms.com/delrin-flexible-ramrod-blank-3-tre1181640.html
Idaholewis
Idaholewis
Admin
Admin

https://idaholewis.forumotion.com

Magnum and CaptainNarwhals like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnum 18/12/21, 07:13 pm

Those Delrin rods are the ultimate in my opinion. I’ve had Fiberglass and don’t like the way they have micro splinters after time. Such a cheap upgrade to Delrin.

Magnum

Idaholewis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 21/02/22, 08:52 am

Delrin rods are good rods. But you can get the same rods from October Country for <$16 instead of the $24 at BACO.  Don't know what the cost of shipping for either place is. You can also buy delrin rod material on line fairly cheap and install the ends that are on your current wooden ramrod.  Just file the end of the delrin down to diameter and epoxy the end to it the pin it by drilling a small hole and inserting a brass brad, peen and file/sand flush.
Always pin your rod ends.  Nothing worse than having one come off when brushing or swabbing your bore.  Some of us know the feeling of getting something like that stuck.
This is the stuff I got for my Pedersoli Frontier Rifle: https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy/plastic/0-375-acetal-round-rod-delrin-homopolymer-black/pid/6562?variant=6562_48_0&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjc2QBhDgARIsAMc3SqSs063CeCCtTn3YpwaI3fOnAfBUqT0h_oUg4_8SvK9W6I2_3txzyA4aAtOTEALw_wcB

My therapist asked me if other members of my family suffer from mental health. I told him "No we all seem to enjoy it!"
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Magnum and CaptainNarwhals like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down