WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

+9
John Willoughby
becon
loreto123
tx_basser
SharpTexan
storminN
Admin
sdporter
Buck
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... Empty Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

Post by Buck 26/11/21, 11:11 am

SUBJECT:
Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...  You must be interested in muzzle loading or you wouldn't have "clicked" on this site.

We are all ears, tell us about your thoughts ....  :12:

Buck
Buck

http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... Empty Re: Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

Post by sdporter 26/11/21, 07:55 pm

I love everything muzzleloader! I’m more or less just shooting modern guns anymore cause these 50 something eyes see double of everything within 10 feet, but that doesn’t diminish my love for the authentic! I live in Southern Utah, am married with a couple more than a handful of children and grandchildren. I have a lathe and mill and love building my own molds and casting from them. Excited to be here!

sdporter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV85jbtoZfN3BRPMQyT4LuQ

Admin and HC like this post

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... Empty Re: Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

Post by Admin 26/11/21, 09:02 pm

Glad to see you here Stacey Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947 You are a Genuine Friend of mine!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

sdporter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck 27/11/21, 11:27 am

Welcome sdport,

I'm like you, use to shoot all the time but old age finally caught up with me. Your young bud wait till you get to my age of over 80 (this age sucks big time). Oh I'm in Lehi Utah with milder weather and I have managed to run the daughter and grand kids off to Wyoming. They like where they live and I'm the same here.

Now waiting on Jonathan of "Buckskins & Black Powder" https://bs-bp.forumotion.com/ to return my rifles (did some custom work on them) so I can play at shooting long distances too.

Nice to have you on board ....   :07:

Buck
Buck

http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/

sdporter, SharpTexan and CapnSchep like this post

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... Empty hello from the Pacific Northwest

Post by storminN 28/11/21, 12:03 am

Hi folks,

I'm here because I saw some of Idaho's videos on YT and he responded to a question of mine there, with an invite to come here.

My 10yo son and I have only been muzzleloading for about two years – luckily we live close to a range and they have monthly shoots there and a couple of rendezvous per year and such.

I'm looking to learn and improve my accuracy with my 50+ year old eyes, which have given me trouble as of late.
I have some casting gear (pot, a few molds), but have not yet taken the time to learn the tips / tricks there... lots to learn!

Thanks in advance!

-Norm.

storminN

Admin, EdMehlig and SharpTexan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 28/11/21, 12:59 am

WELCOME aboard StorminN, Glad to have you here Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... Empty I love muzzleloaders

Post by SharpTexan 28/11/21, 07:16 pm

I enjoy shooting muzzleloaders sidelocks I have 3 just got a traditions Crockett 32 caliber kit too put together. Last time I built one from a kit I was 15 and it was a 45 Kentucky long rifle. Turned out fine I miss that rifle.

SharpTexan

Admin, sdporter and J.Touchrock like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 28/11/21, 08:38 pm

Welcome to the Forum SharpTexan Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947 I have always liked the looks of the Traditions .32 Crockett Rifle, I have contemplated Buying one for a few years now. The .32 Cal Roundball is quite impressive from a Ballistic Standpoint
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

sdporter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpTexan 28/11/21, 09:27 pm

Well, I am going to start it after the new year. Maybe Ill post the build. Its not that hard to build. I think I am going to try the slow blue not brown. The lock is like a case colour blue. Guess i'll cut a pipe up, seal the ends for a hot water tank. Something new. Always doing something. Lol

SharpTexan

Admin and sdporter like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 28/11/21, 10:32 pm

SharpTexan wrote:Well, I am going to start it after the new year. Maybe Ill post the build. Its not that hard to build. I think I am going to try the slow blue not brown. The lock is like a case colour blue. Guess i'll cut a pipe up, seal the ends for a hot water tank. Something new. Always doing something. Lol

Definitely post the Build!!! I am looking forward to it Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

sdporter, SharpTexan and Bighilt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tx_basser 29/11/21, 12:32 pm

Traditional muzzleloading is my favorite way to hunt is with my TC Hawken. Enjoy your content and contributions. Please keep it up.

tx_basser

Admin and SharpTexan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreto123 29/11/21, 01:52 pm

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 6c830b10
Hello forum members.  I believe Lewis brought me here.  I am a black powder fanatic.  I shot my first black powder guns in the mid 1960’s. Purchased my first trap door in 1967.  Currently I own a variety of black powder arms, including revolvers, sidelock rifles, inline muzzleloaders, and falling block breach loaders, both paper cutters and BPCR rifles.  I have watched All of Lewis’ videos (best sidelock information on the internet).

loreto123

Admin, EdMehlig, sdporter, SharpTexan and John Willoughby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by becon 29/11/21, 04:11 pm

Hi folks,

At the beginnig, thanks Lewis for fired this startup. I'm new in muzzleloading (only 2 years of practise) but I have a seriousness in it. I come from Poland and this form of BP shooting is more and more popular here. Im candidate in Polish Hunter League (i dont know how it spell in english). In few months I hope I will joint es regular hunter. Unfortunately in Poland we dont be able to hunt with Black Powder. Maby in the future. Im in .54 (Frontier/aka BlueRidge) and Pedersoli Hunter .54. Both are great for me. I hope my humble participation will take some stuff in this great forum. PS: Be uderstanding for my poor english Wink.
becon
becon

Admin, sdporter and Bighilt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Willoughby 29/11/21, 05:22 pm

Hello from Montana everyone.really enjoy all the videos idaho.gathering components to start trying the t/c hawken at some range.just got some ppb492450 from baco the other day .some new sights are next .your videos have inspired me to try something new with the t/c plus mt just adopted a traditional muzzle loader season.

John Willoughby

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 05:58 pm

John Willoughby wrote:Hello from Montana everyone.really enjoy all the videos idaho.gathering components to start trying the t/c hawken at some range.just got some ppb492450 from baco the other day .some new sights are next .your videos have inspired me to try something new with the t/c plus mt just adopted a traditional muzzle loader season.

Welcome to the Forum John! Anything i can do to help you Just shout Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 05:59 pm

loreto123 wrote:Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 6c830b10
Hello forum members.  I believe Lewis brought me here.  I am a black powder fanatic.  I shot my first black powder guns in the mid 1960’s. Purchased my first trap door in 1967.  Currently I own a variety of black powder arms, including revolvers, sidelock rifles, inline muzzleloaders, and falling block breach loaders, both paper cutters and BPCR rifles.  I have watched All of Lewis’ videos (best sidelock information on the internet).

Impressive Collection loreto123, I like a BUNCH!! Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947 Welcome to the Forum!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

sdporter and SharpTexan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 06:00 pm

tx_basser wrote:Traditional muzzleloading is my favorite way to hunt is with my TC Hawken.   Enjoy your content and contributions.  Please keep it up.

Thank you tx_basser, Welcome to the Forum! Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 06:01 pm

becon wrote:Hi folks,

At the beginnig, thanks Lewis for fired this startup. I'm new in muzzleloading (only 2 years of practise) but I have a seriousness in it. I come from Poland and this form of BP shooting is more and more popular here. Im candidate in Polish Hunter League (i dont know how it spell in english). In few months I hope I will joint es regular hunter. Unfortunately in Poland we dont be able to hunt with Black Powder. Maby in the future. Im in .54 (Frontier/aka BlueRidge) and Pedersoli Hunter .54. Both are great for me. I hope my humble participation will  take some stuff in this great forum. PS: Be uderstanding for my poor english Wink.

Welcome to the Forum becon, Glad to have you here Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Willoughby 29/11/21, 06:50 pm

Idaholewis wrote:
John Willoughby wrote:Hello from Montana everyone.really enjoy all the videos idaho.gathering components to start trying the t/c hawken at some range.just got some ppb492450 from baco the other day .some new sights are next .your videos have inspired me to try something new with the t/c plus mt just adopted a traditional muzzle loader season.

Welcome to the Forum John! Anything i can do to help you Just shout Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947

First off I got a couple pds of swiss 3f bought that because they did not have 2f would you reduce the load using the 3f.also what source do you use to find the ballistic coefficient ,sectional density ect.i used a basic calculator I found and came up .422 for that paper patch bullet. Don't know if it's accurate but figured it's a place to start.

John Willoughby

Back to top Go down

Post by tx_basser 29/11/21, 09:18 pm

Here is a link to my YouTube channel. It is mostly just derp I do for laughs and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChI1bf3de9_ylhdpCL2W9jw

tx_basser

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 09:38 pm

tx_basser wrote:Here is a link to my YouTube channel.  It is mostly just derp I do for laughs and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChI1bf3de9_ylhdpCL2W9jw

I just Subscribed to your channel Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpTexan 30/11/21, 06:46 am

Tx_basser you can't be to far from me. I am about 3 miles from lake fork north of Quitman.

SharpTexan

Back to top Go down

Post by earlyg 30/11/21, 09:59 am

Hey fellas,

Just trying to learn as much about sidelock muzzies as I can.  Reading idaholewis' past posts (among others) I have learned a lot, and the long distances shots...well they speak for themselves.  I've had an Uberti New Army revolver for about 10 years that I've shot for fun, and I've been wanting a sidelock hawken rifle for just as long.  Finally bit the bullet and bought a Pedersoli Traditional Hawken Hunter about 3 months ago, will be using it for hunting and target shooting (wish I would've heard about the Rice barrels first, but hindsight is 20/20).  Currently using Bullshop bullets, but I would like to get into casting my own, and I only use real BP due to bad experiences with Pyrodex P.

Hailing from Texas BTW.

earlyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 30/11/21, 10:28 am

earlyg wrote:Hey fellas,

Just trying to learn as much about sidelock muzzies as I can.  Reading idaholewis' past posts (among others) I have learned a lot, and the long distances shots...well they speak for themselves.  I've had an Uberti New Army revolver for about 10 years that I've shot for fun, and I've been wanting a sidelock hawken rifle for just as long.  Finally bit the bullet and bought a Pedersoli Traditional Hawken Hunter about 3 months ago, will be using it for hunting and target shooting (wish I would've heard about the Rice barrels first, but hindsight is 20/20).  Currently using Bullshop bullets, but I would like to get into casting my own, and I only use real BP due to bad experiences with Pyrodex P.

Hailing from Texas BTW.

Welcome to the Forum earlyg, Glad to have you here! Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

earlyg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cjjones231 30/11/21, 12:50 pm

Greetings from California! I've owned an Euroarms 1861 Springfield and a T/C Hawken kit for over 14 years. I've always been a casual muzzleloader shooter but recently I've been interested in long range and hunting with a muzzleloader, thanks to your posts and videos. I reached out to Rice for a .50 cal drop in barrel and hopefully soon will start developing loads for non-lead bullets. (California requires us to hunt non-lead). I look forward to seeing this forum grow into a great knowledge base!

cjjones231

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum