WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware!

3 posters

Go down

Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware! Empty Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware!

Post by George_Kelley 01/02/22, 11:56 pm

Morphy Auctions recently sold an antique Hawken rifle that has brass hardware. It just goes to show that T/C Arms Company was not too far off really. Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware! 3355125947

https://www.morphyauctions.com/jamesdjulia/item/53073-6-402/?fbclid=IwAR3lmGXK6yj2yk_ybQ3WBfTZAtEvOtTQqJCtWAse418ZLs-I_sthFvVWD0c
George_Kelley
George_Kelley

188mule and JBushnell like this post

Back to top Go down

Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware! Empty Re: Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware!

Post by EasternOregon .50cal GPR 03/02/22, 09:13 am

that is a cool rifle. That rifle kinda Flys in the face of the "hawken snobs". I really want to biuld my own hawken rifle and was researching all of the different ones. there are alot of different original hawkens, and it surprises me how worried people get about making a perfect hawken. They were custom made guns. Thank you for sharing

EasternOregon .50cal GPR

George_Kelley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware! Empty Re: Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware!

Post by deerstalkert 06/02/22, 10:38 pm

not only were they custom made but they were handmade custom. no two exactly alike. the same that pontificate on the historical correctness of their favorite Hawken give Lewis hell about his long shots!

deerstalkert

George_Kelley and EasternOregon .50cal GPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George_Kelley 06/02/22, 10:42 pm

deerstalkert wrote:not only were they custom made but they were handmade custom. no two exactly alike. the same that pontificate on the historical correctness of their favorite Hawken give Lewis hell about his long shots!

Most of the responces I got on castboolits/gunloads forum are saying it is fake. Mostly because of the brass furniture. Antique Hawken rifle with brass hardware! 1696809945

George_Kelley
George_Kelley

EasternOregon .50cal GPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deerstalkert 07/02/22, 10:25 am

i once new a girl. was raised from diapers next door to her. knew her until her death.
from the time she was 11 she had a bust size of 40dd.
hundreds of times i heard behind the hand quips of "Those are fake"
from all appearances they could have been. provenance proved they weren't.
Had an uncle that had until his 70's never been out of Michigan.
I was born and raised within walking distance of the giant sequoia's in California.
Uncle finally came to visit and when we took him to Nelder grove, he stood looking, paced around the Grizzly Giant, shook his head and said "i don't believe it, has to be a Hollywood movie prop.
every time Lewis posts a long range shoot on another forum it seems my uncle shows up and claims its smoke and mirrors.
i collect 99 savages. i learned early on NEVER SAY NEVER. same with early guns.

deerstalkert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down