WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let me introduce myself

+3
Shorty
Admin
Big Sky Bryan
7 posters

Go down

Let me introduce myself Empty Let me introduce myself

Post by Big Sky Bryan Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:59 am

Howdy,

This is my first post so not sure it's even in the right spot. I'm Bryan lived in Montana all but the first 7 years of my life which makes me almost 56. Ever since FB came out most topics like this have gone there and there are a lot of great people and information on those sites, but I don't like what FB has become and I'm finding my way back to forums like this hoping to get away from the keyboard warrior types. I'm not here to argue, I'm only here to share what I know and learn from you all. I'm not your typical believe all the myths & wives tales type I'm often trying something others don't and sometimes I learn those weren't myths & wives tales....LOL! I saw Lewis video shooting 1202 yards with a 610 grain conical out of a ml which is not your typical ml type....like that stuff! Most recently I've been playing with my 600 grain conicals out of my TC Scout pistol with 100 grains of 777 or shooting with open sites with a 250 grain Power Belt out to 200 yds....fun stuff! I don't have any inline stuff as that's just not my style. When someone ask what are your hobbies and I respond I pretty much do or have done everything outdoors that Montana has to offer. Been doing the ml stuff for 10 years and certainly no expert on it. I do a lot of archery over the last 40+ years both Trad & Compound, but since I have limited time to hunt during archery season I've decided to spend more time focusing on my ml stuff. As for me it's not about getting out as I get out when time allows almost every moment I'm not working....I hunt to kill & eat, but I do like the added challenge of ml or handgunning. I have all the centerfire stuff from one extreme to the other, but I enjoy the ml stuff the most. I fish a lot and have a jetboat and an Aire 136DD raft set up for fishing or whitewater which ever the day. Do a ton of waterfowl hunting, hiking, mountain biking and off-road motorcycling also. No I'm not full of myself either as a some in their make believe world of FB land might think......I just share the truth as I see it and listen more than I speak!

Have a great day & God Bless!
Big Sky Bryan
Big Sky Bryan

SharpTexan and UndeadPoet like this post

Back to top Go down

Let me introduce myself Empty Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by Admin Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:23 pm

Welcome to the Forum Big Sky Brian, Glad to have you here Let me introduce myself 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Shorty and Big Sky Bryan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shorty Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:54 pm

Welcome big sky to the best muzzleloader forum. Enjoy and learn . The fever will get you as you age on here, then it will be a percussion and god only knows what else..wish i lived in montana, you are very fortunate...enjoy..

Shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Sky Bryan Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:07 pm

Yeah I have a few ml long guns, a rifle and a flinter and short gun a a few revolvers so I know the feeling. Love it!
Big Sky Bryan
Big Sky Bryan

Admin and Shorty like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouldy Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:12 pm

Welcome!

Mouldy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:36 pm

Big Sky Bryan wrote:Yeah I have a few ml long guns, a rifle and a flinter and short gun a a few revolvers so I know the feeling.  Love it!

I have a 48 Gun Safe crammed full of Muzzleloaders Very Happy  I enjoy shooting my Blackpowder Rifles much more than my Scoped Centerfires
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

EdMehlig, Shorty and Big Sky Bryan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMehlig Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:34 am

Ever since I started shooting ML's, my beloved Rem700 chambered for the 280Rem has become a Safe Queen. But I owe a ton of thanks to Lew who helped me countless times with my TC Renegade with its, 45 cal GM LRH bbl. Man, do I love that ML! So much so my 45 cal White M98 is sitting next to my 280Rem. Let me introduce myself 1f600
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Mouldy and Big Sky Bryan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 54Reney Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:38 pm

Something about the Renegade. I recently found mine at a pawn shop. Almost passed it up. Went back and bought it. Would have been another one of those times I ended up kicking myself if I hadn't! Beautiful ML!

54Reney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Sky Bryan Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:47 pm

I have a Renegade I love! It was a 50 rifled and now it's a 62 smooth bore and wow do I like so much better now it's such a joy to shoot!
Big Sky Bryan
Big Sky Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Big Sky Bryan wrote:Howdy,

This is my first post so not sure it's even in the right spot.  I'm Bryan lived in Montana all but the first 7 years of my life which makes me almost 56.  Ever since FB came out most topics like this have gone there and there are a lot of great people and information on those sites, but I don't like what FB has become and I'm finding my way back to forums like this hoping to get away from the keyboard warrior types.  I'm not here to argue, I'm only here to share what I know and learn from you all.  I'm not your typical believe all the myths & wives tales type I'm often trying something others don't and sometimes I learn those weren't myths & wives tales....LOL!  I saw Lewis video shooting 1202 yards with a 610 grain conical out of a ml which is not your typical ml type....like that stuff!  Most recently I've been playing with my 600 grain conicals out of my TC Scout pistol with 100 grains of 777 or shooting with open sites with a 250 grain Power Belt out to 200 yds....fun stuff!  I don't have any inline stuff as that's just not my style.  When someone ask what are your hobbies and I respond I pretty much do or have done everything outdoors that Montana has to offer.  Been doing the ml stuff for 10 years and certainly no expert on it.  I do a lot of archery over the last 40+ years both Trad & Compound, but since I have limited time to hunt during archery season I've decided to spend more time focusing on my ml stuff.  As for me it's not about getting out as I get out when time allows almost every moment I'm not working....I hunt to kill & eat, but I do like the added challenge of ml or handgunning.  I have all the centerfire stuff from one extreme to the other, but I enjoy the ml stuff the most.  I fish a lot and have a jetboat and an Aire 136DD raft set up for fishing or whitewater which ever the day.  Do a ton of waterfowl hunting, hiking, mountain biking and off-road motorcycling also.  No I'm not full of myself either as a some in their make believe world of FB land might think......I just share the truth as I see it and listen more than I speak!

Have a great day & God Bless!  

Welcome to the forum.
Man I haven't seen a moped in decades.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpTexan Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:01 pm

I am the same about Facebook. When this forum I jumped on it. Nobody tell us what we can and can't, post. Welcome

SharpTexan

Big Sky Bryan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum