WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many here engrave their firearms?

3 posters

Go down

How many here engrave their firearms?  Empty How many here engrave their firearms?

Post by George_Kelley 08/02/22, 11:27 pm

I was looking at some Celtic knotwork designs and thought to myself that it would look good on a few ML kit rifles. Some relief wood carving and metal engraving.

If anyone here does engraving, how did you get started?
George_Kelley
George_Kelley

Back to top Go down

How many here engrave their firearms?  Empty Re: How many here engrave their firearms?

Post by Curtis 26/03/22, 09:19 pm

Hello George!  I have been known to do some engraving on my rifles and smoothbores.  I started out by taking a 6 day class taught by Jim Kibler at an NMLRA Gunsmithing Seminar at WKU in Bowling Green KY about six or seven years ago.  I recommend a class of some sort if for no other reason than to learn how to sharpen a graver, one of the most important requirements for good engraving results.

Here are a few pics of engraving I did for my Alexander Henry target rifle.  The photos are taken at various stages of completion of the rifle.

How many here engrave their firearms?  P7273010

How many here engrave their firearms?  P7273011

How many here engrave their firearms?  Pa102810

How many here engrave their firearms?  Pa102811

How many here engrave their firearms?  Pc122810

How many here engrave their firearms?  Pc122811

How many here engrave their firearms?  P7292610

Curtis

Curtis

HC and MR-FLOPPY-SOCKS like this post

Back to top Go down

How many here engrave their firearms?  Empty Re: How many here engrave their firearms?

Post by gle3105 28/03/22, 08:16 pm

Curtis, Saying that I’m envious of your craftsmanship is a complement and admiration of your work.
Beautiful work.
Greg

gle3105

HC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtis 28/03/22, 10:49 pm

Thanks Greg!  Building the guns keeps me out of the bars!  Uh, usually!   How many here engrave their firearms?  1f60e

Curtis

Curtis

HC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down