WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader

3 posters

Go down

Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader Empty Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader

Post by George_Kelley 10/02/22, 01:55 am

Modern inline rifles were always headed for this direction. They were always about complying with the letter of game laws for muzzleloader hunts while defying them. In a few more years, manufacturers will produce an inline muzzleloading repeating rifle. Rolling Eyes
George_Kelley
George_Kelley

Back to top Go down

Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader Empty Re: Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader

Post by Bronko22000 13/02/22, 02:58 pm

they can get away with it because you still have to load a projectile down through the muzzle. What you put in the breech is a preloaded charge with a primer. Basically a plastic cartridge case.  I haven't seen one yet so I don't know what holds the charge in that "container".
My honest opinion - I don't care for it. For one it has to be costly to shoot. The Firestick alone cost $3 a crack. I can load any of my muzzys with Swiss black powder or Pyrodex for about 50 cents a charge. and even BH209 is only about $1 a charge.
Also it almost seems like cheating... Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader 1986740415
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader Empty Re: Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader

Post by Guest 14/02/22, 03:20 pm

Here we go.....knock the inlines again. They are here and here they will stay.
Even though I prefer a sidelock or flintlock, to each his own.
BTW: I can load just about any CF cartridge under .50/per cartridge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 14/02/22, 04:54 pm

Im not knocking it and no where in my post did I say so. I did say its a lot more costly to shoot than ny conventional inlines. I have 4 in lines. But this not my cup of tea.
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by George_Kelley 14/02/22, 08:39 pm

mustang65 wrote:Here we go.....knock the inlines again. They are here and here they will stay.

Open up muzzle loading hunt seasons to modern center fire rifles and the market for the cheat guns goes away. Traditionalists will still use the real muzzleloaders, though many will stick to private lands to avoid the crowds.
George_Kelley
George_Kelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 14/02/22, 10:08 pm

I'm sure there are a lot of politics going on when it comes to making new seasons. Back when I started hunting in PA over 55 years ago you had about 4 weeks of archery, 2 weeks of buck season, and 2 or 3 days of anterless season. Then a late archery season. You were allowed one deer a year, period.
Now we have 6 weeks archery, an week long early muzzleloader season, 2 weeks antlered which includes 1 week of antlered or anterless, the a late flintlock and archery season about 3 weeks. Using my antlered tag, DMAP tag, and 2 anterless tags I can legally shoot 4 deer a year. More in certain area with the purchase of additional tags.
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/22, 08:02 am

George_Kelley wrote:
mustang65 wrote:Here we go.....knock the inlines again. They are here and here they will stay.

Open up muzzle loading hunt seasons to modern center fire rifles and the market for the cheat guns goes away. Traditionalists will still use the real muzzleloaders, though many will stick to private lands to avoid the crowds.

I don't believe they are cheat guns anymore than some prefer a flintlock to a sidelock....etc.
BTW: The inlines are here to stay but will only improve.
If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck....it's a duck.
That being said, as far as muzzleloaders go, I prefer the sidelock and flintlock. My choice, your choice, their choice.
As I have always said, if you don't like the gun, don't use it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/22, 08:17 am

Bronko22000 wrote:I'm sure there are a lot of politics going on when it comes to making new seasons.  Back when I started hunting in PA over 55 years ago you had about 4 weeks of archery, 2 weeks of buck season, and 2 or 3 days of anterless season.  Then a late archery season. You were allowed one deer a year, period.
Now we have 6 weeks archery, an week long early muzzleloader season, 2 weeks antlered which includes 1 week of antlered or anterless, the a late flintlock and archery season about 3 weeks. Using my antlered tag, DMAP tag, and 2 anterless tags I can legally shoot 4 deer a year. More in certain area with the purchase of additional tags.

That is really a good sign there Bronko.
In a lot of areas in the states the animal population has rebounded tremendously.
Due to some sensible regulations and sportsman participation, this has been a great effort.
As meat hunters we harvest what we need to fill the freezer, especially since the price of beef, pork, etc. have skyrocketed!
These regs help keep the animals healthy and bigger, by decreasing inbreeding and disease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 15/02/22, 08:45 am

Mustang I sent you a PM. This is a great concept and advance in black powder (substitute) shooting but by definition is not a muzzleloader. A muzzleloader has both the charge and the projectile loaded from the muzzle. This would be a hybrid of a muzzleloader and breech loader. Let the state agencies decide if its legal or not. If it is its fine with me.
Oh BTW, our deer populations around the areas I hunt have surely not bounced back from the onslaught of too many deer being taken legally. This year I've seen a total of 2 deer plus the one my grandson shot. I hunted archery, early muzzleloader, rifle and late flintlock season. And being retired I was out a lot. This is the first time in probably over 30 years that I got skunked.
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/02/22, 09:00 am

Bronko22000 wrote:Mustang I sent you a PM.  This is a great concept and advance in black powder (substitute) shooting but by definition is not a muzzleloader.  A muzzleloader has both the charge and the projectile loaded from the muzzle.  This would be a hybrid of a muzzleloader and breech loader.  Let the state agencies decide if its legal or not.  If it is its fine with me.
Oh BTW, our deer populations around the areas I hunt have surely not bounced back from the onslaught of too many deer being taken legally.  This year I've seen a total of 2 deer plus the one my grandson shot.  I hunted archery, early muzzleloader, rifle and late flintlock season.  And being retired I was out a lot.  This is the first time in probably over 30 years that I got skunked.

Well there could be a reason for the decrease in deer population in your area.
Over the last 55 years, human population increases can run animals out of an area that used to be very populated with animals. Has nothing to do with regulations. Weather conditions also affect can also be a problem. Introduction of wolves is another problem in many, many areas.
Most wildlife agencies keep an eye on animal populations and when they see a significant decrease, they will adjust the number of tags for that area or ban the area for hunting.
So, don't always think the regulated seasons or bag limits are to blame.
Deer and elk and bears and moose etc. are creatures that will change their migration pasterns for one reason or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by George_Kelley 15/02/22, 10:22 am

mustang65 wrote:
George_Kelley wrote:

I don't believe they are cheat guns anymore than some prefer a flintlock to a sidelock....etc.
That being said, as far as muzzleloaders go, I prefer the sidelock and flintlock. My choice, your choice, their choice.

Since you are all about choice, open up muzzleloader hunt season to modern centerfire rifles so that the market for these cheat guns will go away. Call it a general firearms season.

Traditionalists like myself will continue to use muzzleloaders rather than cheat guns. After a time, we will lobby for traditional muzzleloader hunt season.
George_Kelley
George_Kelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 15/02/22, 02:05 pm

George you know as well as I that there is always some politics involved with selecting seasons. You can't please all the people all the time.
Heck if I had the money and really wanted say and elk tag, I could pretty easily get one by "contributing' to a state governor. Contributing here is just another word for bribery!
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

George_Kelley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/22, 08:58 am

George_Kelley wrote:
mustang65 wrote:
George_Kelley wrote:

We already have taken our muzzleloaders during center fire season, never saw any of the center fire boys piss and moan about us hunting with muzzleloaders.......your choice, my choice, their choice.....no sense in flippin' out over trivial technicalities right Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader 1139610133

Since you are all about choice, open up muzzleloader hunt season to modern centerfire rifles so that the market for these cheat guns will go away. Call it a general firearms season.

Traditionalists like myself will continue to use muzzleloaders rather than cheat guns. After a time, we will lobby for traditional muzzleloader hunt season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/02/22, 09:00 am

Bronko22000 wrote:George you know as well as I that there is always some politics involved with selecting seasons.  You can't please all the people all the time.
Heck if I had the money and really wanted say and elk tag, I could pretty easily get one by "contributing' to a state governor. Contributing here is just another word for bribery!

Bronko, if you're rich enough to bribe a governor or any other politician for a tag, I don't believe you need to go that far.
The rich elites hunt on private land where they tie up the animals for them to shoot.... Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader 1139610133

Back to top Go down

Post by sdporter 30/09/22, 07:33 pm

Not legal in Utah, yet sold here…. Go figgur….

sdporter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV85jbtoZfN3BRPMQyT4LuQ

squattingdog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down