WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.

3 posters

Go down

Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  Empty Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.

Post by Trickyricky 07/04/22, 08:18 pm

Appreciate all you do for the sport.

I shoot you I design bullet in my 451 White. I am working with Doc to get a .410 built. Have you developed an I bullet in that bore size? Or would you?

Trickyricky

Admin and squattingdog like this post

Back to top Go down

Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  Empty Re: Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.

Post by EdMehlig 08/04/22, 06:03 am

Rick, glad to see you joined! Maybe Lew can design a 410 bullet for you? Very Happy
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  Empty Re: Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.

Post by Trickyricky 08/04/22, 06:25 am

Hey, if I can get this deal done with Doc, I'll be on him like a duck on a June bug....

Trickyricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 08/04/22, 09:03 am

Trickyricky wrote:Appreciate all you do for the sport.

I shoot you I design bullet in my 451 White.  I am working with Doc to get a .410 built. Have you developed an I bullet in that bore size? Or would you?

Welcome to the Forum

Let me know if you get the Rifle, I will gladly help you with a Bullet for it Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickyricky 09/04/22, 09:09 am

Thank you!! According to Doc he has the last .410 SS barrel he has set aside with my name on it. The plan was to have him thread it and machine it for the breech plug. I asked if he could turn it to Whitetail dimensions and fit it to my action? He said he wanted to check with his machinist. I guess I have him could finish the barrel longer than the normal '22. Maybe 23? What say you for a smaller bore like this? A normal Whitetail barrel is '22 tapered to about .870.

Trickyricky

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMehlig 09/04/22, 09:59 am

Years ago, I was thinking of having Doc making a longer bbl for one of 451 M97’s like what’s on the Ultra-Mag’s but he didn’t have any 451 bbls that long.
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 09/04/22, 11:31 am

Trickyricky wrote:Thank you!! According to Doc he has the last .410 SS barrel he has set aside with my name on it. The plan was to have him thread it and machine it for the breech plug. I asked if he could turn it to Whitetail dimensions and fit it to my action? He said he wanted to check with his machinist. I guess I have him  could finish the barrel longer than the normal '22. Maybe 23? What say you for a smaller bore like this? A normal Whitetail barrel is '22 tapered to about .870.

The .410 has always been intriguing to me, If i had my choice i would go with a 24” inch Barrel
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 09/04/22, 11:35 am

EdMehlig wrote:Years ago, I was thinking of having Doc making a longer bbl for one of 451 M97’s like what’s on the Ultra-Mag’s but he didn’t have any 451 bbls that long.

Ed, What Barrel lengths are your White .451s? Did Doc ever offer different Barrel lengths?
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickyricky 09/04/22, 11:50 am

My .451 is 24". A Super 91.

I am assuming this barrel will be full length, as it is not even turned to size. I will find out this week.

Trickyricky

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMehlig 09/04/22, 02:39 pm

Rick, the M97 came with a 22” bbl. The M97 504 UltraMag came with either a 24 or 26” bbl. I’m pretty sure it was a 26” bbl though.
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Trickyricky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 09/04/22, 06:30 pm

Trickyricky wrote:Thank you!! According to Doc he has the last .410 SS barrel he has set aside with my name on it. The plan was to have him thread it and machine it for the breech plug. I asked if he could turn it to Whitetail dimensions and fit it to my action? He said he wanted to check with his machinist. I guess I have him  could finish the barrel longer than the normal '22. Maybe 23? What say you for a smaller bore like this? A normal Whitetail barrel is '22 tapered to about .870.

I was just browsing Accurate Molds Catalog a few minutes ago and ran in to this .40 Cal i Bullet, I can’t remember who had this made? I am 99.9% Sure they followed my I Series, as this Bullet is literally identical to mine Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  3355125947 This is the Bullet i would get for that White .410 if you end up getting it. You simply give Tom at Accurate Molds the Bullet Diameter that you must have and he will Cut the Mold to that Number for you Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  3355125947

Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  Zo32lBF
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

EdMehlig and Trickyricky like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickyricky 09/04/22, 07:20 pm

I actually looked at that bullet a couple days ago and thought the same thing! Thr only thing I might do is add "just a little length to get closer to 300 grains.
I think the .410 is a 16 twist?

Trickyricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickyricky 04/05/22, 12:33 pm

Great news! (I think). Just got iff the phone with Doc. I have bought the last remaining .410 barrel he had. I asked him the maker, he said it was the ones he used before the Criterion barrels, but he couldn't remember. He reminded me he was 86!
Anyway, the barrel is 28 inches, 1 inch od. The only problem is, his machinist has retired, so he said he couldn't thread the shank or breechplug for me. He assured me any competant machinist could do it.
My thinking is to turn the barrel to Whitetail profile, cut to length, drill and tap for sights. What are your feelings on barrel length? Whitetail length is 22", would the smaller bore benefit from another inch or 2? The rifle will mainly be a hunting rifle.
I realize it is going to be a custom proposition, but it is still a White!

Trickyricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trickyricky 18/05/22, 10:44 am

I was just browsing Accurate Molds Catalog a few minutes ago and ran in to this .40 Cal i Bullet, I can’t remember who had this made? I am 99.9% Sure they followed my I Series, as this Bullet is literally identical to mine Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  3355125947 This is the Bullet i would get for that White .410 if you end up getting it. You simply give Tom at Accurate Molds the Bullet Diameter that you must have and he will Cut the Mold to that Number for you Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  3355125947

Glad to find you. Trickyricky here.  Zo32lBF
[/quote]

Lewis, what are your thoughts on adding 1 band and 1 grease groove to this design? 265 grains will no doubt do the job on whitetails, but i would prefer 300 to 325.

Trickyricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum