WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sizeing System mixup

Go down

Sizeing System mixup Empty Sizeing System mixup

Post by Dasblanc 25/04/22, 07:31 pm

Im totally new to this part of reloading and componant prep that I ordered 2 different types of sizing dies from Lee for a .515 conical mold. I was looking for CLASSIC sizing dies in .510, .506 and .503 which they listed the .510 as classic but the only 506, 503 were (custom over run) dies for a breech lock style. When they arrived I realized what breechlock was so now I need a breechlock press and a .510 insert for it
I guess its all for the better I didn't really want to size bullets on my rcbs rockchucker any ways so I ordered them from midway before work today.
)>:

Dasblanc

Back to top Go down

Sizeing System mixup Empty Re: Sizeing System mixup

Post by Dasblanc 03/05/22, 01:36 am

Just to add some info for others getting into sizeing bullets game which may or may not include a BL style press. I called LEE and got handed off to a engineer I asked if I could use a classic size die on their breechlock press and he told me no so I asked if a adapter existed for the classic die to fit the breechlock press again he said no so I returned the classic 7/8"x14 size die to LEE and ordered a .510 breech style size die.  The next day my breechlock press arrived from midway usa and guess what comes with that press?
A STINKING ADAPTER for the classic dies to fit a Breechlock press. Man was I irritated it cost $10 to ship back a die I could have used.
Oh well some lessons just cost more than others😬

Dasblanc

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum