WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California salmon

3 posters

Go down

California salmon  Empty California salmon

Post by Lethemgo 29/11/21, 03:33 pm

My brother hit the river a couple days ago and within a half hour had this beautiful fish on. Ended up with 4 for the day with his buddy this was the best looking fish.

California salmon  Resize10

Lethemgo

Admin, earlyg, Ivan Wagurak and UFFDA like this post

Back to top Go down

California salmon  Empty Re: California salmon

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 06:10 pm

Now that’s what I’m talking about!! California salmon  3355125947 I grew up on the Wa Coast, Spent my first 38 years there, I cut my teeth fishing for Salmon (All species) and Steelhead, I owned a 16Ft Willies Guide Model Drift Boat and spent LOTS of time on the Rivers, I miss it, And think of it often. Thank you for Sharing Lethemgo!

P.S. WELCOME to the Forum my Friend! California salmon  3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

stikshooter, HC and Ivan Wagurak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 31/12/21, 07:08 am

Lewis can you get me some details on your brothers set up? My brother is venturing on salmon fishing out in Washington and seems to have his head screwed on wrong lol I’d like to be able to help him best I can from where I am. Any info would be appreciated. Any thing from rod, rod rating, rod length, bait, line, set up in general, bla bla bla you catch my drift 😂 pun totally intended! He’s been researching and researching and researching. Thanks Lewis!
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 31/12/21, 02:39 pm

Ivan Wagurak wrote:Lewis can you get me some details on your brothers set up? My brother is venturing on salmon fishing out in Washington and seems to have his head screwed on wrong lol I’d like to be able to help him best I can from where I am. Any info would be appreciated. Any thing from rod, rod rating, rod length,  bait, line, set up in general, bla bla bla you catch my drift 😂 pun totally intended! He’s been researching and researching and researching. Thanks Lewis!

Umm you mean the OP Lethemgo, He is the one with the Brother
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Ivan Wagurak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 31/12/21, 04:35 pm

😂😂😂 you’re right I totally spaced that!
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 31/12/21, 04:43 pm

Hey Letthemgo the questions I had asked IdahoLewis we’re supposed to be for you my friend, can you help me with the info. My brother is basically fishing on the Columbia river for salmon but he’d rather watch videos than ask people wh actually salmon fish than go out and try something to see if it works. I know the areas are different but any info would be useful thanks
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethemgo 31/12/21, 04:53 pm

They fish differently on the Columbian than on the Sacramento. Even on the Sacramento you fish different ways according to where your at. Around the area we usually fish it's mostly back trolling. Some jig but I'm not into that plus it's to much work lol. Sometimes trolling if the fish are suspended. Or just set on anchor and wait. I'd watch some videos from the Columbian I'm sure there are plenty.

Lethemgo

Admin and Ivan Wagurak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 31/12/21, 06:26 pm

[quote="Lethemgo"]They fish differently on the Columbian than on the Sacramento. Even on the Sacramento you fish different ways according to where your at. Around the area we usually fish it's mostly back trolling. Some jig but I'm not into that plus it's to much work lol. Sometimes trolling if the fish are suspended. Or just set on anchor and wait. I'd watch some videos from the Columbian I'm sure there are plenty. [/quote

Thanks I’ll forward the info lol nice fish by the way. We only have land locked salmon in maine we can fish for we use a lot of down riggers with bait most of the time we end up catching brook trout that way but it’s all fun and good and most get put back any how. Other than that other biggies are northern pike and stripped bass. Thanks again
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down