WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frugal Reloading

2 posters

Go down

Frugal Reloading Empty Frugal Reloading

Post by Johan Smit 15/10/22, 01:13 am

In this time of scarcity of components, one needs to be frugal in reloading. To this end I have written a docx and compiled three MP4 files to assist.
The first MP4 helps in choosing  bullets and powder that can form a satisfactory cartridge for your rifle, and avoids combinations that will not be good.
The second MP4 helps to get a load with the new components, and allows to load three cartridges for velocity testing. Only three cartridges are needed.
The third MP4 shows how to calibrate the simulator to your rifle and your components, and one then loads as many rounds as you like with only the three rounds used.
I have learned a lot and received help from this forum, and would like to do something in return. To that end I would like to get permission to post these files onto the forum. I realize that this forum is mainly for black powder guns, and these files pertain only to modern rifles. Also the files are quite big. I do shoot both modern and black powder, and presume many on the forum do as well.
Perhaps it would be best to firstly post only the docx, and if requested by members, post the MP4's.
If approved, please tell me how to post the docx.
Best Regards
Johan Smit

Johan Smit

squattingdog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Frugal Reloading Empty Re: Frugal Reloading

Post by squattingdog 15/10/22, 08:52 am

Johan Smit wrote:In this time of scarcity of components, one needs to be frugal in reloading. To this end I have written a docx and compiled three MP4 files to assist.
The first MP4 helps in choosing  bullets and powder that can form a satisfactory cartridge for your rifle, and avoids combinations that will not be good.
The second MP4 helps to get a load with the new components, and allows to load three cartridges for velocity testing. Only three cartridges are needed.
The third MP4 shows how to calibrate the simulator to your rifle and your components, and one then loads as many rounds as you like with only the three rounds used.
I have learned a lot and received help from this forum, and would like to do something in return. To that end I would like to get permission to post these files onto the forum. I realize that this forum is mainly for black powder guns, and these files pertain only to modern rifles. Also the files are quite big. I do shoot both modern and black powder, and presume many on the forum do as well.
Perhaps it would be best to firstly post only the docx, and if requested by members, post the MP4's.
If approved, please tell me how to post the docx.
Best Regards
Johan Smit

Johan, to post the docx, you should be able to just "copy and paste". Get permission from the administrator. Sounds interesting to newbies. Today we reload using powders that are good for several different calibers and temperature stability. We limit calibers for standardization.
squattingdog
squattingdog

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Smit 17/10/22, 12:10 am

Thank you. I tried to get permission from an administrator, but one must apparently log in again and that is where I get stuck. Please help.

Johan Smit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum