WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good question why am I here

4 posters

Go down

good question why am I here Empty good question why am I here

Post by bullshop 31/12/21, 03:13 pm

Why am I here? The answer is quite simple really. I have had a life long passion for shooting the culmination of which is long range precision weather it be with the most modern high tech equipment or going back a century and a half to what was then cutting edge.
When I began to see the videos Mr Lewis was putting out on long range ML shooting I took notice as much of his progress was mirroring my own.
When he extended a personal invitation to join his new site I could not resist so here I am to learn and share what I have learned.

bullshop

EdMehlig, HC, Tank, EasternOregon .50cal GPR and LR_Smoker like this post

Back to top Go down

good question why am I here Empty Re: good question why am I here

Post by Tank 02/01/22, 02:30 pm

Good call!
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 21/01/22, 11:47 am

It would be great to have you two put your heads together and start a good discussion on LR shooting of BP muzzys and breech loaders. Once I get back to PA from keeping my wife company in FL for the winter I'm going to start extending the range of my Pedersoli Sharps!
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by bullshop 21/01/22, 02:22 pm

For the last few years we have been putting on a shoot we call " The Billy Dixon shoot" where we shoot at a buffalo size 4'x8' steel plate out to 1500 yards. Shooting starts at 800 then goes in 100 yard intervals out to 1500 yards. 8 shots total at each station three of which can be sighters and 5 for score. Score shots can start with a hit on a sighter but then the remaining score shots must be consecutive. Hits starting at 800 score one point then gain one point in value for each 100 yard increase in range.
Just to make it even more interesting we allow any rifle with any sights so guys shooting a 338 Lapua with a 30x Nightforce can play too but everyone is restricted to cast lead alloy bullets. With that one restriction any advantage the high tech might have is eliminated because they do not have enough sight adjustment for the limited velocities at the ranges we are shooting.
I shoot a 45-90 Sharps with 28" barrel and with that sight radios it gets me to almost 1500 with a medium sight staff. For longer barrels with wider sight radios a tall sight staff is needed. In my 451 Gibbs rifle having a 34" barrel shooting the same bullets as in the Sharps I need every bit of adjustment in the tall staff on that rifle. Its a lot of fun because the score gaps between competitors can change quickly with the hit value changing with range.

bullshop

Tank likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMehlig 21/01/22, 02:25 pm

Dan, WELCOME TO Lew's Forum!!! Can't wait to read posts from you and I love your NASA Lube!
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Back to top Go down

Post by bullshop 21/01/22, 02:27 pm

Hi Ed, good to cyber see you again!

bullshop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down