WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

+9
John Willoughby
becon
loreto123
tx_basser
SharpTexan
storminN
Admin
sdporter
Buck
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

Post by sdporter 30/11/21, 09:43 pm

storminN wrote:Hi folks,

I'm here because I saw some of Idaho's videos on YT and he responded to a question of mine there, with an invite to come here.

My 10yo son and I have only been muzzleloading for about two years – luckily we live close to a range and they have monthly shoots there and a couple of rendezvous per year and such.

I'm looking to learn and improve my accuracy with my 50+ year old eyes, which have given me trouble as of late.
I have some casting gear (pot, a few molds), but have not yet taken the time to learn the tips / tricks there... lots to learn!

Thanks in advance!

-Norm.
You’ll learn plenty on here. Idaholewis is a master at that craft and shares his tips and tricks generously.

sdporter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV85jbtoZfN3BRPMQyT4LuQ

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell us about yourself and what brought you here...

Post by tx_basser 01/12/21, 03:20 am

SharpTexan wrote:Tx_basser you can't be to far from me. I am about 3 miles from lake fork north of Quitman.

Not that far. I live in Sachse in DFW near Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lavon. I grew up over in White Oak - Longview

tx_basser

SharpTexan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMehlig 01/12/21, 11:59 am

loreto123
Yes, Lew does post the best information on the Internet regarding Sidelocks, Casting, how to obtain the most out of your ML. That's why he has such a large faithful following. Not only does Lew know what he's talking about he backs it up with his videos on his range sessions and how he does things. He could definitely make some money if he was to put all of his videos on how to etc etc on a CD and sell them. The information he provides would be worth a fortune especially to newcomers to the ML world regardless of whether you shoot a Sidelock or Inline.
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

sdporter and SharpTexan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robwheeler 24/12/21, 11:23 am

Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Robwheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Buck 07/02/22, 09:55 am

Thank you folks for telling us about your involvement in muzzle-loading, now we need more to tell their story.

I don't really need to take Lewis's space up or time telling you about my experiences (too many - too old), but would like to show you something that will but a smile on your face this morning.

We are like so many of you, have pets that are always around. Last year our little girl Cadee started getting into things, opening cabinet doors in the kitchen and bathrooms, always getting into trouble. Finally had to put those plastic child locks on the doors to keep her out.

Then one morning she was very quiet, I started looking for her and here's what I found.

Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... - Page 2 The_ca10
Buck
Buck

http://grrw.ca.tripod.com/

Admin and sdporter like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 07/02/22, 05:07 pm

Buck wrote:would like to show you something that will but a smile on your face this morning.

That little Dog Tell us about yourself and what brought you here... - Page 2 1139610133
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum