WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How tight should the patch and ball be?

+3
Admin
Buckskins&BlackPowder
Shorty
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How tight should the patch and ball be? - Page 2 Empty Re: How tight should the patch and ball be?

Post by Winterh 27/01/22, 07:51 pm

Take the diameter of your ball and multiply it by 3.1416 ( pie) . That gives you the circumference. Reduce that by 25% and you got it.
Winterh
Winterh

Back to top Go down

How tight should the patch and ball be? - Page 2 Empty Re: How tight should the patch and ball be?

Post by Bronko22000 27/01/22, 09:00 pm

In a perfect world that would work but we, or should I say I, might have a rough time putting the ball directly in the center of the patch. I'd like a little room fro error.
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by deerstalkert 13/02/22, 10:27 pm

i make my patches so they just drape over the muzzle . i think my patches for the .54's are right at 1 inch. being just the same diameter of my barrel i lay them on the muzzle evenly and the ball goes centered by its self.
but then i can't hit squat so maybe that's why. to small patches?

deerstalkert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum