WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Forum

5 posters

Go down

New to the Forum Empty New to the Forum

Post by Jitterbug 11/02/22, 04:32 pm

New to the Forum.

Followed IdahoLewis here from another Forum.

Have been very impressed with some of the material he has posted. When I heard he started a Forum, I knew right away that I wanted “in!” 👍

First BP gun was a Ruger Old Army. Bought it used, came with a ‘snail’ capper full of caps (which I tried), and a half-empty can of Pyrodex ”P,” supposedly. Tossed the powder for safety’s sake, especially since I didn’t know the previous owner. Had problems, figured out the caps were too small. Bought bigger caps… smooth sailing!

Next came a T/C Omega, SS w/synthetic thumbhole stock. An affront to all things traditional, it was strictly a “meat gun,” for MZ season. As soon as I bought it, I was wishing for something more traditional/“historic.” Does exactly what I bought it for, but no “novelty!”

Next came some more cap n’ ball revolvers, traditional single shot BP pistols, and now a CVA Optima pistol.

Still want a traditional rifle for round ball, probably a flintlock- in for a penny, in for a pound! 😆

Then, my collection will be complete… RIGHT??? 🤪

Jitterbug

EdMehlig likes this post

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum Empty Re: New to the Forum

Post by Admin 11/02/22, 04:35 pm

Welcome to the Forum my friend, I am Glad you joined us New to the Forum 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Jitterbug likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deerstalkert 11/02/22, 07:31 pm

you will be glad you are here! and no, your collecting will just be starting!
so many guns and so little time to get them all!
i started 60 years ago with a springfield trapdoor.
not sure what all i have now. it's like Christmas, finding something i forgot i have.

deerstalkert

Admin and Jitterbug like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EdMehlig 12/02/22, 06:52 am

I'm glad to hear you took some advice and looked up Lew's website. I wished others from that forum would join us here.
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 12/02/22, 09:55 am

EdMehlig wrote:I'm glad to hear you took some advice and looked up Lew's website.  I wished others from that forum would join us here.

Were doing good, we already have 211 Members here, and nearly 2,000 Posts. Not bad for a Forum that’s only been going a Few months New to the Forum 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by deerstalkert 12/02/22, 10:12 am

the forum will hit critical mass soon. then Lewis won't have time to shoot!

deerstalkert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jitterbug 18/08/22, 02:17 pm

Unfortunately, this Forum seems to have taken a STEEP nosedive since idaholewis’ departure.

Sadly, the majority of new posts on the Forum are all just reposts of far-right paranoid conspiracy garbage, all from the same person. 

Political discourse is fine in that section… but there IS no discourse- just links to clickbait. News flash- there’s no shortage of clickbait on the internet… so I don’t need to come here, to get more. 

It’s too bad, since idaholewis seems to be a neat guy, and the Forum got off to a great start. 

I am going to move along. I wish everyone the best, and as always, I encourage folks to get their news from multiple sources… 🙄

Jitterbug

Back to top Go down

Post by squattingdog 18/08/22, 04:02 pm

Jitterbug wrote:Unfortunately, this Forum seems to have taken a STEEP nosedive since idaholewis’ departure.

Sadly, the majority of new posts on the Forum are all just reposts of far-right paranoid conspiracy garbage, all from the same person. 

Political discourse is fine in that section… but there IS no discourse- just links to clickbait. News flash- there’s no shortage of clickbait on the internet… so I don’t need to come here, to get more. 

It’s too bad, since idaholewis seems to be a neat guy, and the Forum got off to a great start. 

I am going to move along. I wish everyone the best, and as always, I encourage folks to get their news from multiple sources… 🙄
Very good comrade! New to the Forum 1139610133 New to the Forum Facebo15
squattingdog
squattingdog

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum