WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting?

2 posters

Go down

Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting? Empty Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting?

Post by Dasblanc 29/09/22, 08:47 pm

I've been shooting muzzleloaders for several years now and never had to worry about adding a extention to the ramrod in order to reload like with the cva optima has anyone else had a problem with this added step. I'm just concerned because it seems like reloading a second time and keeping an eye on the elk you shot is enough to keep busy with let a lone screwing on an extra part.

Dasblanc

squattingdog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting? Empty Re: Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting?

Post by Dasblanc 13/10/22, 09:17 pm

An update. A friend of mine shoots the same rifle I do and he says if you are just reloading it's a non issue because the shot column is tall enough the extension isn't needed UNTIL you have to clean/knock loose the hard crud ring left by triple 7 which is deeper than the bullet base in the load column. I was relieved to discover that just, make sure to include it in your possibles bag for a thorough cleaning.

Dasblanc

Back to top Go down

Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting? Empty Re: Adding a ramrod extention in a hurry while hunting?

Post by High country 12/11/22, 05:39 pm

I keep a section of carbon arrow shaft in my bag for this. You can bore/tap the insert to fit the threads.....or just push with the open end. Super light and easy.

High country

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down