WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification

2 posters

Go down

TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Empty TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification

Post by Admin 05/12/21, 10:50 pm

This Mod would also work with the TC Greyhawk, and Treehawk, The Greyhawk is nothing more than a Stainless New Englander, and the Treehawk is a Camo version.

One of the things i have never liked about my TC New Englander was that “Beak” that is Built in to the Tang and hangs down over the side of the Top of the Lock, In order to remove your Lock for cleaning you also have to remove the Entire Tang which makes the process a whole lot more complicated than needed, and if you have a Tang mounted Peep Sight like myself it just Plain SUCKS to have to Remove the Tang

This is the “Beak” i am talking about
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  VFPyyQh

Remove the Tang and Hacksaw that Beak off, and Re-blue it TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  3355125947
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  WpDHnUN

Now i can EASILY remove my Lock WITHOUT Having to remove the Tang, and i feel this looks better TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  3355125947
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Za9jAz3
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

BrantSFGDS, Cliffdweller and Robwheeler like this post

Back to top Go down

TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Empty Re: TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification

Post by Ivan Wagurak 06/12/21, 04:47 pm

I’ll have to take a look at my ne and see if it has that beak, I’ve never notice that and where I ordered that Williams fp hawkens for it, it may be a good idea to look
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Empty Re: TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification

Post by Ivan Wagurak 07/12/21, 03:14 pm

TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Ad54d210
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 07/12/21, 03:20 pm

The top on is my 50 cal cva mountain rifle, the bottom one is the 54 cal N/E, I see that beak you’re talking about I just never noticed it I guess, the N/E is the one I’ve been playing with most recently, Lewis if these were yours and you were to get rid of one which would you choose to keep, I know it’s personal preference but I’m curious thanks
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 24/01/22, 02:43 pm

Speaking of new englander modifications, I finished with the sights. I bought a new Williams fp hawken and a Lyman 17AHB globe sight for the front 😁. Now I have to wait till the week end and pray the weather cooperates.
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  1aae9510
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Eeb40210
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  3aa73f10
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 24/01/22, 02:44 pm

TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  De0edd10
TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  1f772a10
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wagurak 24/01/22, 02:53 pm

I have yet to trim the beak off but after I resight it in that’s next. I do wish though there were more parts available though. I’m pretty confined to the factory stuff that it came with and the lack of parts for that matter. The stock is a rynite stock and prefer wood but I have what I have so I’m content with what I have for now. It does shoot really well though I just need to fine tune it.TC New Englander/Greyhawk/Treehawk Modification  Dff23210
This was the last outing with the 54-510M. I’ll see how close I can get to this at 100 yards. This target was 50 yards with the original sights both front and rear.
Ivan Wagurak
Ivan Wagurak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down