WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie questions

2 posters

Go down

Newbie questions Empty Newbie questions

Post by MNPaul 22/01/22, 06:04 am

Idaho Lewis, thanks for the info on my introductory post. Switching from PRB and getting into some long range target shooting and casting is totally new to me and I want to get it set up right. I have the Rice .45 cal, 1:18 twist barrel on order to drop into my TC Hawken. I want to install a Lee Shaver Soule sight and front sight so I’m thinking I should get the barrel without the Williams sight install they offer and just have them cut the dovetail for the Shaver front sight? Can you tell me which of the Lee Shaver front sights would be the best choice. Also bullet casting will be new to me. Which BACO mold should I buy to cast the bullet you showed in your reply to my introductory post?

MNPaul

Back to top Go down

Newbie questions Empty Re: Newbie questions

Post by Admin 22/01/22, 10:53 am

When i bought my Rice Barrels i chose to have ONLY the Front Dovetail Cut so i could instal a Globe front Sight, I didn’t even want the Rear sight Holes as i knew i would never use them.

The best front Sight for Long Range Target Shooting is the Windage Adjustable Front Globes, i have several of them and love em Newbie questions 3355125947 Mine are Lee Shaver, you need his 1” inch, you could also go with his 1-1/8 inch Globe. The Highest Regular Globe Lee Sells is .850, I have one on my Long Range .50 Cal and it is Ideal there, I shoot this Rifle to 1,200 Yards as well Newbie questions 3355125947

This is the .850 Regular (no windage adjust)
Newbie questions Z8WDNF0

And this is one of my adjustable windage Globes from Lee Shaver, Again you want a 1” inch or a 1-1/8” inch Tall
Newbie questions Zdfh0oX
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 22/01/22, 10:58 am

The BACO Bullet Mold is this one, Called a “Money” Nose. I had mine made to .452 Diameter for ALL Bands

Newbie questions EeZhWrk
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by MNPaul 22/01/22, 01:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this information. It will be a huge help getting me started in the right direction from the get go.

MNPaul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down