WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See if anyone can beat this story!

+2
deerstalkert
Bronko22000
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

See if anyone can beat this story! - Page 3 Empty Re: See if anyone can beat this story!

Post by Bronko22000 29/04/22, 12:52 pm

deerstalkert wrote:i was raised where rattlesnakes were more plentiful than grass. i hate the buggers. Elmer was slow. i would have fired 6 rounds going up , reloaded, and 6 more coming down!
then beat the thing into pudding with one of those tree trunks i wrested out of the ground!!! See if anyone can beat this story! - Page 3 1986740415
I stepped on one once and it got its fangs stuck in my pant legs (carhart canvas).
there was a lumber pile 12 feet away. i had a 2x4 in my hands before any thought ever processed. still have his hide upstairs. 45 years later. still can smell that bugger.
That's a scary story Deerstalker.  I had my share of run ins with timber rattlers here in PA.  I don't hate them though but I don't pet them either!  I too have a hide of a golden colored timber rattler on my wall that I just about stepped on.  Its 54" not counting the head which I blew in half with a round from my .44 mag S&W 29.  (But I don't remember now if I was going up or down..... See if anyone can beat this story! - Page 3 1139610133  )
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

EasternOregon .50cal GPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

See if anyone can beat this story! - Page 3 Empty Re: See if anyone can beat this story!

Post by deerstalkert 29/04/22, 04:39 pm

i suppose hate is too strong a word. i really don't like them when i am not expecting them though. here in Idaho in the area i live, we only have garter snakes and occasional rubber boa's.
i still after 30 years being away from Rattlers jump my height and lose a week off my life when i unexpectedly encounter a big garter.affraid affraid

deerstalkert

Bronko22000 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Smit 30/04/22, 01:44 am

Two years ago I was walking to a dam at sunset to wait for jackal coming to drink. So short cut from where I hid the vehicle and I felt a sting above my ankle. No problem, probably a stick I walked into, so I carried on. Arriving at the dam, I sat down behind a bush and realized something seriously wrong. I was not able to hold up the rifle, and getting worse. My leg was also swelling and I was dizzy. I barely made it to the vehicle, and having to get in and out to open gates was torture. This was Friday evening, and I made it to the nearest town and slept. Saturday morning, swollen leg and all I took the road home, about 200 miles, and just managed to keep my eyes open. The leg was too swollen to see anything, but Monday afternoon the swelling got less, and the two fang marks were visible. So snake bite. Tuesday morning a doctor said it was too late to do anything about it, and I could not tell him what snake it was. I don't like snakes.

Johan Smit

deerstalkert and Bronko22000 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 30/04/22, 09:18 am

ouch.... you're a lucky man Johan. lucky to be alive
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Johan Smit likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deerstalkert 30/04/22, 11:23 am

of such are my nightmares made, Johan!

deerstalkert

Johan Smit likes this post

Back to top Go down

See if anyone can beat this story! - Page 3 Empty Nice Picture

Post by Johan Smit 21/06/22, 11:45 pm

See if anyone can beat this story! - Page 3 Kudu_c12
Beautiful picture of a kudu cow jumping a 8ft fence.

Johan Smit

squattingdog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by squattingdog 22/06/22, 08:08 am

Just had a bear in the chicken coop last night. Killed 5 good laying hens! That won't happen again. It'll be back. And so will I! cheers Mad
squattingdog
squattingdog

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum