WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recoil question

3 posters

Go down

Recoil question  Empty Recoil question

Post by knifemaker3 12/12/21, 07:17 pm

I’m building an underhammer in .44 with a 1:17 twist. I plan on starting at 40gr of FFg and work up.

I have fusion of vertebrate in the neck and recoil and me don’t get along so well anymore. I can handle up to 12ga 3” turkey loads.

I hope to shoot the long heavy paper patch or grease bullets with up to 70gr+ of powder.

How bad will the recoil be! Can’t afford to mess my neck and back up anymore than it already is.

Thanks

knifemaker3

Bad Karma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Recoil question  Empty Re: Recoil question

Post by Admin 13/12/21, 08:27 pm

If you can handle 3” 12 Gauge Turkey Loads you can handle ANYTHING a .44 Blackpowder UnderHammer Rifle will throw your way.

I shoot 610 & 615 Grain GG & PP Bullets in my 1:24 Twist .50 Cal, 100 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder, And don’t feel the Recoil is as bad as 3” 12 Gauge Loads
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

knifemaker3 and Bad Karma like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by knifemaker3 14/12/21, 04:15 am

Good! Hopefully I can get my gun finished this winter. Been slammed with customers guns to work on but starting to get caught up a little so may have some time when the weather gets worse.

knifemaker3

Admin and Bad Karma like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Karma 16/06/22, 02:30 pm

I’ve got a similar issue fractured C6 and 7 and three levels fusion. (Can’t shoot prone anymore, sadly.) my fourties get a steady diet of bullets up to 400 grains and 80 grains of 2f. In a 8 pound and up rifle it’s a very nice shot. I can do it all day…

Bad Karma

knifemaker3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down