WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets Empty Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets

Post by Rvrrat14 21/02/22, 08:56 am

What is efficient in soaking/cleaning a breech plug; Optima V2 QRBP? Thanks!

Rvrrat14

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets Empty Re: Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets

Post by Bronko22000 23/04/22, 09:02 am

I normally remove the BP and soak it in a small bottle of black powder solvent (not suitable for bh209) while I'm cleaning the bore and action. The i remove from solvent and scrub with a toothbrush, dry. Apply antisieze and install.
Remember to also remove your firing pin assembly and clean and oil it.
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets Empty Re: Cleaning Breech Plug - White Hots pellets

Post by EdMehlig 24/04/22, 12:20 pm

I do the same thing, but I also follow Lew’s advice and use either a can of compress air or my compressor and blow through the nipple to ensure it’s cleaned out and dried inside as well as the breech area where the nipple screws into.
EdMehlig
EdMehlig

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckskins&BlackPowder 24/04/22, 05:39 pm

Hot soapy water, even with. Bh209.  I use a plastic bristle brush and a tips. 1/8" drill bit down the flash channel.
Buckskins&BlackPowder
Buckskins&BlackPowder
Admin
Admin

https://www.BS-BP.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down