WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning- there has got to be a better way!

5 posters

Go down

Cleaning- there has got to be a better way! Empty Cleaning- there has got to be a better way!

Post by Mark Goostree 24/07/22, 09:20 pm

I have trouble cleaning my rifle!  It takes forever! I'm sick of it! what works, fast, and gets the barrel CLEAN? This should not take so long. It makes me regret shooting my rifle . It never seems clean and I feel like I need to come back with oiled patches every day.

Mark Goostree

squattingdog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cleaning- there has got to be a better way! Empty Re: Cleaning- there has got to be a better way!

Post by EasternOregon .50cal GPR 17/10/22, 07:00 am

Look into getting a hand held steamer
That’s what I am looking at I seen I guy on YouTube using one
You can get them off amazon

EasternOregon .50cal GPR

Back to top Go down

Cleaning- there has got to be a better way! Empty Re: Cleaning- there has got to be a better way!

Post by squattingdog 17/10/22, 11:23 am

No matter if you are cleaning an ML or CF, proper cleaning is never going to be a 5 minute job to do properly. There are many variations of cleaning, but, all still take a little time to do. Anyone who is that impatient to clean a pistol or rifle properly, probably won't enjoy the sport of shooting, hunting, etc.
Again, the key word in anything is "patience".
squattingdog
squattingdog

https://www.mountaingnome.com

thesethawa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thesethawa 18/10/22, 09:10 pm

I mean... Unless you shoot black powder, corrosive ammo, or lead bullets through the "cf", it kinda is a 5 minute job... Hundreds to thousands of rounds through a lot of my guns with the ones that have never fired lead shot, BP or corrosive literally never having more than oiled patches down the bore. If it takes you anywhere near the time it takes to clean a modern gun as a BP one, it's because you probably just do it too much and are anal about it.

thesethawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Last 02/01/23, 08:16 am

Get a smooth bore they clean easier,
Last
Last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down