WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullet mold not filling out

+3
Admin
HC
Muzzlestuffer
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 Empty Re: Bullet mold not filling out

Post by Muzzlestuffer 01/02/22, 08:36 am

I set mine on a hot plate for about a hour it works but there are more than one way to skin a cat !

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 01/02/22, 10:02 am

Oops..i didn't notice the other pages in this thread. Glad you got everything worked out.
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Muzzlestuffer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 01/02/22, 06:41 pm

Muzzlestuffer wrote:Idaho I'm gonna cast some more of those 750's soon and send you some what sizer die you want me to use ?

That is a DANDY Bullet, it shoots AWESOME in my 1:28s Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947  .541-.542 is Good for me, You don’t have to do that Lou, I would like to send a few of these LONG Range and see how they do?  Very Happy

It’s so damn cold here right now that i haven’t been doing anything with my Muzzleloaders, I am rooting on Spring/Summer weather, I am tired of this Snow & Freezing Cold
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 01/02/22, 06:44 pm

No problem Idaho I don't mind besides I'd like to see you shoot some good long range with them I only have a white bison .540 so real long range not a option for me until I get a long range 54 cal. Do you know if rice is making the Thompson barrels anymore ?

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 01/02/22, 06:49 pm

Muzzlestuffer wrote:No problem Idaho I don't mind besides I'd like to see you shoot some good long range with them I only have a white bison .540 so real long range not a option for me until I get a long range 54 cal. Do you know if rice is making the Thompson barrels anymore ?

I have a perfect Stock/Sight setup for Shooting Long range, I can simply Fit one of my .54 LRH Barrels in the Same Stock as my Long Range .50 Cal with Lee Shaver Soule Tang sight, This gives me about 250 MOA at my Disposal Very Happy

I haven’t talked to Jason of Rice Barrels in quite sometime now, I would imagine he is stil making these “Drop in” Barrels for TC, I hope he is anyway, they are AWESOME Shooting Barrels, 4140 Chromoly Steel Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 01/02/22, 07:39 pm

If i fit one of my 54 LRH Barrels in the Stock i mentioned above, I currently have .404 High Globe front Sights on them, They wont Zero til about 250 Yards Very Happy This would be ideal for playing Long range with a .54 Cal, it gives me the ENTIRE Staff of my Soule Sight for Elevation adjustment. In other Words, With my Eyecup bottomed out, At 100 Yards i would be Hitting about 3 Feet high, Zeroed at 250 Yards, i would have 250 MOA of elevation Adjustment at my Disposal Very Happy I could probably get that BIG .54 Cal Bullet of yours to 1,200 Yards, Something i bet has never been done
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 01/02/22, 08:01 pm

I'll get some done on Sunday. I didn't see the drop ins on his site a couple weeks ago

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 10/02/22, 06:29 pm

Idaho I got some of those 750's done there about .542-.544 ish you want to sized and lube on your end ? Pm me your address again please.
Thanks
Ms

Muzzlestuffer

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 10/02/22, 09:06 pm

Muzzlestuffer wrote:Idaho I got some of those 750's done there about .542-.544 ish you want to sized and lube on your end ? Pm me your address again please.
Thanks
Ms

PM Sent, Thank you my Friend!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 11/02/22, 07:07 am

Holy moly I bet those 750 grainers are really going to push back! I'd love to see a pic of them with something for comparison like a quarter. That's over a tenth of a pound of lead.... What a Face
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 01:32 pm

Ok after work I'll send pics

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 03:40 pm

Idaholewis wrote:
Muzzlestuffer wrote:Idaho I got some of those 750's done there about .542-.544 ish you want to sized and lube on your end ? Pm me your address again please.
Thanks
Ms

PM Sent, Thank you my Friend!

Last edited by Muzzlestuffer on 11/02/22, 03:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 03:49 pm

Heres a pic of the 750'sBullet mold not filling out - Page 3 20220210

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 04:24 pm

Idaholewis wrote:
Muzzlestuffer wrote:No problem Idaho I don't mind besides I'd like to see you shoot some good long range with them I only have a white bison .540 so real long range not a option for me until I get a long range 54 cal. Do you know if rice is making the Thompson barrels anymore ?

I have a perfect Stock/Sight setup for Shooting Long range, I can simply Fit one of my .54 LRH Barrels in the Same Stock as my Long Range .50 Cal with Lee Shaver Soule Tang sight, This gives me about 250 MOA at my Disposal Very Happy  

I haven’t talked to Jason of Rice Barrels in quite sometime now, I would imagine he is stil making these “Drop in” Barrels for TC, I hope he is anyway, they are AWESOME Shooting Barrels, 4140 Chromoly Steel :Lwis:
Idaho I talked to Jason yesterday he is still making drop ins I'm going to get a 36 cal for my renegade stock currently has a 45 lrh barrel want to be able to swap out when needed.

Muzzlestuffer

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 11/02/22, 04:46 pm

Muzzlestuffer wrote:
Idaholewis wrote:

I haven’t talked to Jason of Rice Barrels in quite sometime now, I would imagine he is stil making these “Drop in” Barrels for TC, I hope he is anyway, they are AWESOME Shooting Barrels, 4140 Chromoly Steel :Lwis:
Idaho I talked to Jason yesterday he is still making drop ins I'm going to get a 36 cal for my renegade stock currently has a 45 lrh barrel want to be able to swap out when needed.

AWESOME, Glad to hear!! Rice makes an AWESOME Barrel, as good as they get in my opinion Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 11/02/22, 04:47 pm

Muzzlestuffer wrote:Heres a pic of the 750's

They are a Dose of SERIOUS Medicine that’s for sure!! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 04:49 pm

Idaholewis wrote:
Muzzlestuffer wrote:
Idaholewis wrote:

AWESOME, Glad to hear!! Rice makes an AWESOME Barrel, as good as they get in my opinion Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947
Do you remember if the come with the under rib ?

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 11/02/22, 07:54 pm

Muzzlestuffer wrote::

Yes they do Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947  They are just not Finished, mine needed a little Sanding as the Edges of the Flats were fairly Sharp, I blued my .50 myself with Birchwood Casey Super Blue and feel it turned out Great. Of course if a guy wants a REALLY Nice high end Blueing Job you need to go to a Professional or send it to one. I have always thought it would be neat to have one Cerakoted, Black iced, Etc. Something different, and Extremely Durable
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 08:11 pm

Idaholewis wrote:

Yes they do Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947  They are just not Finished, mine needed a little Sanding as the Edges of the Flats were fairly Sharp, I blued my .50 myself with Birchwood Casey Super Blue and feel it turned out Great. Of course if a guy wants a REALLY Nice high end Blueing Job you need to go to a Professional or send it to one. I have always thought it would be neat to have one Cerakoted, Black iced, Etc. Something different, and Extremely Durable
Who does your engraving ?

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 11/02/22, 08:13 pm

Idaholewis wrote:

I have guns that are black iced not durable imo but I'd like to match the finish for this barrel to the green mountain barrel I have one it now but not sure who does good quality work ?

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by UFFDA 11/02/22, 09:43 pm

Great topic guys. Learn something new all the time. Had many a day casting and just had to chalk it up as casting is like fishing... Sometimes it's how one holds their mouth. Great information gentleman.

UFFDA

Admin and Muzzlestuffer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 12/02/22, 09:06 am

Wow Muzzlestuffer that is a LOT of lead.  A couple years ago I cast some 500 gr bullets of similar design for my 45-70 Pedersoli Sharps rifle and was shooting them at a target at my cabin to sight in the rifle.  It was windy and the target kept blowing over so I propped it up against a 10-12" rock maple.  After the first shot I went to check the POI and luckily it was right on! But the bullet passed clean through the tree dead center and proceeded into the tree behind it deep enough that I couldn't get to it!  That's serious penetration.  I'm sure these would be even better.  Definitely T-Rex material...
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Admin and Muzzlestuffer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzzlestuffer 12/02/22, 09:11 am

Great elk and buffalo medicine!

Muzzlestuffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 12/02/22, 10:02 am

Muzzlestuffer wrote:
Idaholewis wrote:

I have guns that are black iced not durable imo but I'd like to match the finish for this barrel to the green mountain barrel I have one it now but not sure who does good quality work ?

I had the engraving done by Lone Wolf here in Priest River Idaho, they are local to me (about 1 mile from my House Very Happy ) I am not sure if they offer this service to the Public or not? I am good friends with a Guy that works there Bullet mold not filling out - Page 3 3355125947
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronko22000 15/02/22, 07:56 am

Lewis I see you like casting right around 800*!  That really surprises me.  When I'm at 750* I start getting frosted bullets. Is this from the alloy being too hot or the mold?
I normally run at 700* to prevent this. Is there a temp where the frosting goes away or maybe I also have a bad thermometer!
I see Lyman makes a digital one with a thermocouple "wand" you dip into the lead. The one I have clips to the side of my pot.

Last edited by Bronko22000 on 15/02/22, 08:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Bronko22000
Bronko22000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next