WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”.

+4
LR_Smoker
Jitterbug
squattingdog
gle3105
8 posters

Go down

Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”. Empty Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”.

Post by gle3105 30/05/22, 03:49 pm

From other forums that I have participated in, he has been the one “go to” for honest , down to the earth information.
Having shot ml’s for over forty years (not to the exacting & precision requirements as IL ) I constantly learned from IL.
I feel he gave so much time in his ML endeavors and posting the results; all for helping others, that he burned himself out.
No doubt.
But for one , ,, ,, I’m very grateful for you sharing your knowledge with us Lewis.

A saying I prefer to use in that instance of remembering a friend. And even I have never met him nor spoke with him I can say “ I benefited by knowing him”.

Best wishes ML Friend.

gle3105

EdMehlig, stikshooter, Maxjon, HC, Tank, EasternOregon .50cal GPR, harry.combs and like this post

Back to top Go down

Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”. Empty Re: Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”.

Post by squattingdog 30/05/22, 07:10 pm

gle3105 wrote:From other forums that I have participated in, he has been the one “go to” for honest , down to the earth information.
Having shot ml’s for over forty years (not to the exacting & precision requirements as IL ) I constantly learned from IL.
I feel he gave so much time in his ML endeavors and posting the results; all for helping others, that he burned himself out.
No doubt.
But for one , ,, ,, I’m very grateful for you sharing your knowledge with us Lewis.

A saying I prefer to use in that instance of remembering a friend. And even I have never met him nor spoke with him I can say “ I benefited by knowing him”.

Best wishes  ML Friend.

Where did you hear that Lewis retired?
squattingdog
squattingdog

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Back to top Go down

Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”. Empty Re: Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”.

Post by Jitterbug 31/05/22, 06:40 pm

squattingdog wrote:Where did you hear that Lewis retired?

gle3105 is probably referring to this post: 
https://idaholewis.forumotion.com/t512-forum-farewell#3316

Jitterbug

squattingdog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LR_Smoker 08/06/22, 05:11 am

I also have to come clean and admit that my interest has dropped off considerably since the “retirement “ of Idaho Lewis. I’ve followed much of what he clearly and factually shared with those of us that aspire to reach his level of excellence. One of my dreams was “if and when” I get a chance to make the three day drive to hunt elk I wanted to meet him in Idaho and just shake his hand and truest express my appreciation for all of his efforts to help fellow shooters. I can understand his reluctance to continue his tireless efforts to document his accomplishments when a handful of people continually criticize and harass his efforts. I truly hope that Lewis will continue to enjoy his passion and know that if he ever feels like it that he could send me a message and it would be my privilege to communicate with him directly. Wishing him all the best.
Smoke.
LR_Smoker
LR_Smoker

EdMehlig, HC, EasternOregon .50cal GPR, Jitterbug, squattingdog, Lonewolf and Dylan84 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by squattingdog 08/06/22, 07:28 am

LR_Smoker wrote:I also have to come clean and admit that my interest has dropped off considerably since the “retirement “ of Idaho Lewis. I’ve followed much of what he clearly and factually shared with those of us that aspire to reach his level of excellence. One of my dreams was “if and when” I get a chance to make the three day drive to hunt elk I wanted to meet him in Idaho and just shake his hand and truest express my appreciation for all of his efforts to help fellow shooters. I can understand his reluctance to continue his tireless efforts to document his accomplishments when a handful of people continually criticize and harass his efforts. I truly hope that Lewis will continue to enjoy his passion and know that if he ever feels like it that he could send me a message and it would be my privilege to communicate with him directly. Wishing him all the best.
Smoke.

That was very well said Smoke and you hit the nail on the head. Sorry to hear Idaho Lewis “retire”. 3355125947
squattingdog
squattingdog

https://www.mountaingnome.com

Dylan84 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LR_Smoker 08/06/22, 07:41 am

We are all worse off by not having IdahoLewis, IdahoRon and others help us find our way through the challenges of shooting good groups with firearms that our ancestors used to great effect. I have accomplished some decent shooting in NMLRA competitions but only because there was no representation from Idaho here in the east. I only hope that they will come back and join the discussion at some point in time. I for one will stand with them to defend their honour and integrity.
Smoke
LR_Smoker
LR_Smoker

EdMehlig and squattingdog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by idahoron 23/06/22, 05:30 pm

I'm still around, But life has really thrown me a curve ball. I spent two years working for a dictator that would not allow me any time off. I left there and am now working part time. While this job is part time it is still 27 to 40 hours a week in the summer.
I wish I had time to get to do more shooting. I have a target rifle that I have shot out to 500 yards and it is a rifle that is a pile of fun.
Like I said I'm around but in and out is about all I have had time for.

idahoron

EasternOregon .50cal GPR, harry.combs, LR_Smoker and squattingdog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EasternOregon .50cal GPR 21/09/22, 10:34 am

Good to see you still around Idahoron. Watching you and Idaholewis on YouTube and reading stuff from other forums got me into muzzleloading, and gave me info that helped me get started. I can’t wait for this winter when I can start shooting again

EasternOregon .50cal GPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckskins&BlackPowder 21/09/22, 11:43 am

Have to remember,  that you too, signed up to share your knowledge as well! If you let things die out because one person isn't here, you'll be killing it off for others that truly need help, but find either wrong info or no info at all. 

This is still a good forum.  A lot of forums these days struggle simply due to lack of sharing info, experiences.  It's a shame really. Facebook groups have been going the same way.

Admin
Admin

https://www.BS-BP.com

squattingdog and Dylan84 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EasternOregon .50cal GPR 21/09/22, 01:06 pm

I got some stuff I will be able to stare soon once I get past corn harvest
Can’t wait to get back to shooting 😎 and playing with guns and hunting

EasternOregon .50cal GPR

squattingdog and Dylan84 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxjon 21/01/23, 10:56 pm

That's sad! I hope IL is still shooting...he really is a master of the craft!!

Maxjon

LR_Smoker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down