WELCOME to High Plains Muzzle Loading Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deer Bacon time or any game animal.

5 posters

Go down

Deer Bacon time or any game animal. Empty Deer Bacon time or any game animal.

Post by SharpTexan 28/11/21, 07:37 pm

I make alot from Deer, hogs maybe a bear next year. But I love deer bacon its good stuff anyone else make it? I also make and smoke sausage but I love that bacon and I smoke the heck out of it. Simular to making sausage grinding it and using pink salt. Non deer eaters will ask you for it.

SharpTexan

Back to top Go down

Deer Bacon time or any game animal. Empty Re: Deer Bacon time or any game animal.

Post by Admin 28/11/21, 11:26 pm

I have never heard of Deer Bacon? It sounds interesting, You got me curious about it! How do you make it? Do you use a Homemade Cure, or do you buy a pre mixed Cure?
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Deer Bacon time or any game animal. Empty Re: Deer Bacon time or any game animal.

Post by SharpTexan 29/11/21, 06:37 am

If you want a pre mix Curleyssausagekitchen.com is a good place. I Don't I just use a recipe I found online. Youtube has videos on it. I just looked everyone has a kit now, even cabelas. Basically get some pork trimmings like you do for sausage (I get mine at the mexian market not alot of old time butchers left) grind and add your spices then cure let it sit. Now place into shallow 1 inch high allumimum foil pans. Press down to get out air pockets heat up your smoker when ready bring the grate to the pan and turn over the pan and remove it. You dont want to try and dump it. When done you put the pan back one and reverse. Take inside and cut as thin as you want. A meat slicer would be great. They freeze great just put however much you like in a Ziploc and get out what you need. Use as bacon, pan fry it, season beans put in macaroni and cheese, etc. I'll post a pic when I figure out how to post to the forum. Lol

SharpTexan

UFFDA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 29/11/21, 07:32 am

I will definitely try this, it sure sounds good Deer Bacon time or any game animal. 3355125947 Thanks for sharing!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://WWW.BS-BP.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Waters 02/12/21, 08:04 pm

Sounds a little like deer bologna I'm definitely trying it

Waters

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpTexan 04/12/21, 06:14 pm

Try it. Its a great way to make a egg scramble. Add in some hot peepers, deer bacon, onions, some slap your momma cajun seasoning now you got something.

SharpTexan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waters 04/12/21, 06:27 pm

So like a good time bet

Waters

SharpTexan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnum 07/12/21, 06:33 pm

In fact I made 5 lbs. last month for the first time to try it out. It is amazingly good. And it’s all gone.

Magnum

Admin and UFFDA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by UFFDA 11/02/22, 08:47 pm

Looks like a great recipe.

UFFDA

SharpTexan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down